Litigation Support Overview:
NorthernLights Advisory Services works with clients and counsel in support of cases involving breach of contract, fraudulent disclosure, bankruptcy, restructuring, and valuation disputes. We support counsel in all phases of litigation, including class fact discovery, loss causation, certification, damages, and settlement. We focus our litigation support in the areas of gaming, hospitality, oil and gas, and utilities.
We provide litigation support through the presentation of economic analyses based on fundamentally sound finance and economic principles. The consultants at NorthernLights Advisory Services have provided testimonial support or consulted on many of the largest bankruptcies in the country, including Mirant, NRG Energy, Calpine, TXU Energy, and Dynegy. We are experts at:
- Damage estimation
- Forensic accounting
- Liquidation valuation
- Cost of capital
- Developing expert testimony
Our Litigation Support Services offer the following to our tribal clients.
- On-site meeting with the tribal client and counsel to discuss case.
- Read and initial evaluation of case documents.
- Develop initial list of documents and analyses to be requested.
- Discuss plan for developing economic and/or financial analyses with the tribal client and counsel.
- Develop economic and/or financial analyses.
- Develop initial expert witness testimony.
- Support counsel with review of opposing expert witness documents.
- Develop rebuttal testimony.
- Testify in support of economic and/or financial analyses.
Litigation Support Benefits:
NorthernLights Advisory Services provides the following benefits to the tribal client s and counsel engaging our Litigation Support Services.
- Provide expert advice related to litigation within the areas of gaming, hospitality, oil and gas, and utilities.
- Prepare economic and/or financial analyses in support of litigation.
- Develop expert testimony in support of litigation.
- Testify as expert witness to deliver and support economic and/or financial analyses.
- Provide a thorough review of opposing witness arguments and economic and/or financial analysis.
- Provide rebuttal testimony in support of litigation.