Vendor Evaluation Overview:
When a tribal client is in need of procuring new equipment or services that requires a large investment the process of choosing a vendor can be a lengthy and difficult undertaking. NorthernLights Advisory Services provides the following to our tribal clients engaging our Vendor Evaluation Services.
- Draft request for proposal.
- Determine which vendors would potentially qualify to provide the equipment or services required by the tribal client.
- Field questions from vendors.
- Read and evaluate all vendor proposals for completeness and accuracy.
- Research and present information on each vendor prior to meetings.
- Develop a vendor comparison.
- Attend and evaluate the vendor proposal meetings.
- Present vendor pros and cons after all vendor meetings are completed.
- Assist the tribal client in narrowing down the list of vendors.
- Call vendor references and confirm qualifications.
- Request and obtain best and final pricing.
- Prepare price comparison and present to the tribal client.
- Review price proposals and negotiate final bids.
- Assist the tribal client with making final decision.
- Draft and present final recommendation report for tribal council approval.
Vendor Evaluation Benefits:
NorthernLights Advisory Services provides the following benefits to the tribal clients using our Vendor Evaluation Services.
- Understand the objective of the product or service procurement.
- Consider all cost effective options available.
- Identify the best possible options for the tribal client by utilizing our experience with vendors.
- Position the tribal client for the best possible vendor selection through a comprehensive Request for Proposal and binding proposals from vendors.
- Provide the tribal client protection by working with legal staff to include essential contract language and ensure the best services are obtained.
- Secure the best possible price for the equipment or services to be provided.
- Evaluate all vendor proposals and provide a fair comparison.
- Provide the tribal clients with a complete and objective opinion.